Sunday, April 12, 2009

Passover Pralines

A quick blog. I thought if anyone reads this they might want a really delicious recipe for the Feast of Unleavened bread.
This is from my friend Jen.

Passover Pralines

An outstanding, unique, and easy confection. If you make only one thing at Passover, make it this one.

4-6 unsalted matzoh boards or sheets
1 cup unsalted butter or margarine
1 cup dark brown sugar
12 oz. Bag milk chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 325 Degrees F.

Line a cookie sheet completely with foil. Cover bottom of pan with baking parchment - on top of foil. This is very important as mixture becomes sticky during baking. Line bottom of pan evenly with matzoh boards, cutting extra pieces of matzoh, as required, to fit any spaces on the cookie sheet as evenly as possible.

Combine margarine or butter and brown sugar in a 3 quart, heavy-bottomed, saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Continue cooking 3 more minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and pour over matzoh.

Place in oven. Bake 8 minutes.

Then Turn Oven OFF.

Remove from oven and sprinkle matzoh boards immediately with chopped chocolate or chips. Let stand in oven for 7-8 minutes

Spread out your chocolate with a spoon till it covers the matzohs. Sprinkle with chopped almonds if you choose.


Friends, this is soooo good. I only have a small amount of what I made last night. I wanted to tell you, I didn't have parchment paper so I butterd the foil really well and I put the whole thing in the fridge to get good and cold so I could peel the foil of more easily.

Grand daughter, Aletha, doesn't like chocolate as much as most of us do so we are going to make another batch without the chocolate.

I bought some Kosher marshmallows with toasted coconut and I thought we'd make some matzo smores one evening. I'll let you know how they turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment