Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Nissan/Aviv 28,5769 fourth Day Yom Revee'ee

Dear Ones, by now, anyone who has read this blog knows that I do not celebrate ANY of the pagan days of the 'Christian church'...no Christ's mass, Easter, halloween, any of their saints days....any of the superstitious days..lent, advent, valentine's day....NONE OF THEM!

BUT...I do not consider any of our national days as pagan so I do celebrate Independence Day, Flag day, Thanksgiving, Mother's Day, Father's Day and such. So, I am recognising Earth Day. Not in the crazy new age way that most see it but in a respectful way. Giving thanks to our Elohim Who created ALL Things. He is so good His love and mercy endures forever!

I can remember when Earth Day first started. I was in high school and in one of my classes..it was English class..the teacher was rather modern and I think he was trying to give us 'hicks' a little more learning than we would have gotten otherwise. Anyway, he had all of us in the class write about the first Earth Day and make posters. I DO NOT remember what I did but I DO remember what my friend, Lynn, did. She had drawn earth from space and heading towards it was a space ship. She did it like you would see in cartoons....with the conversation of the two aliens inside in those balloon looking things. I don't remember exactly what they said but it was something like..."Oh look at this one. Maybe we can go here?" "No, I don't think we want to go there...too much polution."
I think about this every year.

Am I doing anything special? No.....except dressing Arrin all in shades of green. I guess I greened her.

No comments:

Post a Comment