Shevat 24....Yom Revee'ee
Today I am feeling blessed...so blessed. Today has gone on like any other day in my life. I woke up and the LORD was on my mind, always in my thoughts. I got up, drank some coffee, read my paper, watched the news and weather. Then around 10am I got Arrin up so she could eat and then we picked out her clothes for school. We enjoy this time together because she has to be dressed 'just so'. Then she goes into her Aunt Jess' room and models todays outfit for her.
Arrin and I went out a little early to wait for her bus this morning, even though it is quite chilly today, because she put out food for the squirrels and birds. I have a big yard so she got a work out throwing the bird feed everywhere. It's a good thing, too, because not only are the small birds coming but a goose couple has been in the yard the past two days.
I am just so blessed to have her in my life and her sister Aletha, too. It is going to be very hard when their Mom gets a place to live but I know they need to be on their own. They need to be their own little family.
Yes, I've been very nostalgic today and feeling very blessed and so thankful to our Father. How else can one feel when we know of the terrible things happening to children and families here in America and all over the world?
We have abortions, abuses...poverty and the list goes on and on. What has made me think about this so much today? Yesterday I got an email from Pastor Ronald Powell and through his email I went into a site about Bhopal, India. Do you remember Bhopal? I did..I remembered the horror of it. But I had no idea that the pain and suffering is still going on today, 24 years later! I was shocked!
I know, I know, we can't take on every cause..it's just not possible but as Believers we can do one thing...we can pray. We can lift these people and their suffering up to our God. So I am asking you, read about what happened and about what is still going on and pray for these people.
THAT NIGHT, DECEMBER 3, 1984
Shortly after midnight poison gas leaked from a factory in Bhopal, India, owned by Union Carbide Corporation. There was no warning, none of the plant's safety systems were working. In the city people were sleeping. They woke in darkness to the sound of screams with the gases burning their eyes, noses and mouths. They began retching and coughing up froth streaked with blood. Whole neighbourhoods fled in panic, some were trampled, others convulsed and fell dead. People lost control of their bowels and bladders as they ran. Within hours thousands of dead bodies lay in the streets.
Here is the website...read the rest of the story......