Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I am so amazed.....

Today is Shevat 23....Yom Shlee'shee or Tuesday, February 17



I am amazed at God...so amazed......

One of my favorite songs that would be sung at church was about being amazed at God. A young talented woman named Stephany would sing it. When she would sing this song, I would become so humbled before the LORD because I am so amazed at Him. I wake up amazed each day because of Who He is and the wondrous things He does.

I will tell you, I have fretted over this blog..yes this silly blog because after deciding to do it, I became aware of my inadequacies..."Who am I to think I have anything to say to anyone? Who will read this anyway?"

But does it matter if I am inadequate?

No, because He is amazing and He will give me what I need, to do what He has set before me.

I began today by reading a daily word from Aish, 'Growing Each Day' and I am always amazed when I find truths about Yeshua in Jewish teachings, although they don't know it themselves. It is talking about a prayer that is said each morning, the Adon Olam.."Master of the world, Who reigned before anything was created". It is also said in some congregations at the close of evening services and is included in the prayer before retiring. It goes onto say 'Adon Olam's being both the opening and closing prayer is similar to the practice of beginning the reading of Genesis on Simchas Torah immediately after concluding the last chapter of Deuteronomy. There, we indicate that Torah is infinite; like a circle, it has no beginning or end. So it is with prayer, which represents our relationship with God. Since God is infinite, we never reach a finite goal in relating to Him.
Indeed, the cyclical natures of prayer and Torah not only indicate that there is no end, but also that there is no beginning. Secular studies have levels of graduation which indicate that one has completed a certain level. In Torah studies, we do not complete anything. Indeed, each volume of the Talmud begins with page two rather than page one, to teach us that we have not even begun, let alone ever finish.

Growth in spirituality has no limits. The symbolism in the cyclical format of Torah and prayer is that we cannot say that we have even reached the halfway mark in spiritual growth, much less the end. This realization should excite us, not depress us, because our potential is infinite.

Today I shall ...... try to understand that regardless of how much I think I may have advanced in spirituality, I have hardly even made a beginning.'



Revelation 1:8 "I am the 'A' and the 'Z'," says Adonai.

Rev. 21:6 "It is done! I am the 'A' and the 'Z', the Beginning and the End".

In Rev 22:13 "I am the 'A' and the 'Z', the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End." (Complete Jewish Bible)

John 1:1-3...In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. All things came to be through Him, and without Him nothing made had being.

Yeshua, Who is the Word is Torah. He spoke the Word and All things came into being....His Word became the Commands given to Moses....He spoke thru the Prophets of the Tanakh/Old Testement. He said in the B'rit Hadashah/New Testement...Mattityahu/Matthew 5:17..."Don't think that I have come to abolish the Torah or the Prophets. I have come not to abolish but to complete. Yes indeed! I tell you that until heaven and earth pass away, not so much as one yud or a stroke will pass from the Torah until everything that must happen has happened. So whoever disobeys the least of the mitzyot (commandment) and teaches others to do so will be called least in the Kingdom. But whoever obeys them and so teaches will be called great in the Kingddom of Heaven."

As we look to Torah and to the New Testament for Yeshua's truths, we come to see that it is a never ending circle...it flows together...there is no beginning or an end to His Word.

I often read from those who put out a Word from the LORD and I especially liked the Words from Ras and Bev Robinson today. Bev used a scripture that is dear to my heart....Yesha'yahu/Isaiah 45:3 "I will give you treasures hoarded in the dark, secret riches hidden away, so that you will know that I, Adonai, calling you by your name, am the God of Israel."

He was then and He is today....the same God of Israel, the same God of Gloria, whom He named, the same God of YOU!

"I say unto you, put your faith in Me. All of creation is in My hands. I can never fail nor will I ever forsake you. My love for you is an everlasting commitment to protect you and provide for you throughout all eternity. I invite you to test Me in this and see if you find Me to be true to My word. " Ras Robinson


YESHUA, THE SAME YESTERDAY, TODAY AND FOREVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment