Saturday, June 20, 2009

Father's Day.......

Sivan 28,5769 Shabbat

Shabbat Shalom!
May this special day be blessed above all the rest. As I always say about Shabbat, I actually read it somewhere...Shabbat is so special that it is as though all the days of the week are lined up and all bow before her. She is the royalty of the week. She is crowned Queen.

I am thinking about what is going on with Korea and Iran. We are in danger of an attack from Korea...possibly Hawaii and maybe even Alaska. Would Korea really be so foolish as to attack America? I just don't know. I want to think NO... BUT WOULD THIS BE THE BEGINNING OF CHINA GETTING INVOLVED AND THEN GOING AGAINST ISRAEL AND RIGHT NOW WE HAVE A PRESIDENT WHO IS, FOR ALL IT IS WORTH, A MUSLIM AND HAS PRACTICALLY DENOUNCED ISRAEL.

Be sure of where your heart is. Is it with Israel? Are you praying for the peace of Jerusalem the City of God? I hope so!

And concerning Iran. The people are tired of a dictatorship and a dictator who is making them look foolish but will change bring about a better way of life? We will not know until change actually happens. For right now my prayers are that our Elohim makes a way for Iran and her people and that they come to know our Savior Yeshua. Let them come to know Him and accept His saving grace.

I am also thinking about Father's Day. I really wasn't sure of when it was since I go by our Father's calendar of days and months but my grand daughter Arrin came home from summer school all excited becasue she made her Grandpa something for Father's Day. And so I found out it is indeed tomorrow June 21, 2009. Or in my world....Sivan 29, 5769.

My Dad died several years ago. I can't even give you a date because it is as though it was blanked out of my mind. I know it was around Thanksgiving time and daughter Jessica's birthday. Why did I blank it out? I don't know. It was not a shock when he died because he had been ill for seveal years with Alzheimer's disease but when I found out he was gone I took it very hard. I fell to the floor crying and this was just not crying...it was gut wrenching cries and I laid prostrate on the floor before the LORD and weeped for at least 45 minutes to an hour...it could have been longer. But when it was over, I had seen a glimpse of what was happening to my Dad and I was overjoyed. I knew beyond a doubt that he was with our LORD and that he was happy.

We had had a trying relationship because there was always so much going on between him and my Mom. Neither one was happy but they stayed together. He drank a great deal and she ran around a lot. But I always felt safe with him. In fact I had dreams when I was young and he would always be there to save me. In the dreams which I guess could be called nightmares, my Mom was always the villian and abandoned me or did terrible things to me but he would come and things would be ok. I still have dreams or nightmares about her to this day....not very often but if I have talked about her one will usually show up a few days afterwards.

I don't know if any of his children would say he was a great Dad just like probably none of us could ever say our Mom was a great Mom...but they were our parents. I think he did the best he could. But I have comfort in knowing I do have a Father who loves me.

My Mom had always told me...over and over again...how she never wanted me and when she found out she was pregnant my Dad was happy so she told him..."Well you can have her" And she didn't even want to name me so my Dad named me.....Gloria Lorraine. I couldn't figure out where he got the name but I was always pleased that he named me.

One night, a few months ago, I was praying and thinking about all of this and I began to cry and I told the LORD how much it hurt the way my Mom had treated me but that my Dad had loved me and he had named me. And our Father said..."Yes, Your Father named you Gloria." Now I knew why I was named Gloria...the LORD had placed this name on my Dad's heart and so it became my earthly name.

What's in a name? Names are so important. We just don't realize how important but we should all be very careful when using them. I used to say Jesus now I say Yeshua...but what about our Father? Here is a very wonderful teaching from Emet Ministries......

Who's Your Daddy?

truth about the Father's Name

Mark Twain once wrote that "When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years." The wisdom of a father is an unmatched wealth of experience and advice.

It is interesting that people with devoted dads usually have an easy time relating to God the Father. "Daddy" is a title that lovingly describes relationship. Earthly fathers may be named Jerry or Tom, but does the Heavenly Father have a name? People sing "blessed be the name of the Lord" yet seldom know the identity of this blessed name. The Son's name is clear and many are familiar with the Holy Spirit. What about the Father?

A careful reading of Exodus 3 reveals more than just the story of a burning bush. Here, one can learn the true name of the Father. At the burning bush, Moses learns that the Almighty wants to use him to deliver the Israelites from the bondage of Pharaoh. It's been many years since Moses left Egypt and he's doubtful the people will even accept him as the legitimate deliverer sent from above. For the people to follow him, Moses needs a miracle. He needs a higher authority to vouch for him.


Here on Mt. Horeb the Almighty passes before Moses and "the LORD said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations." Here in Exodus 3:15 the LORD reveals His name as the four Hebrew lettered tetragramatron yod-hey-vav-hey or "YHWH." Some pronounce this name as "Yahweh" or "Yahuah."



Throughout the Bible, YHWH is used over 6,000 times exclusively as the name of the Father. This name is usually explained in the preface or introduction of most Bibles and hidden behind translator's techniques. The King James Version capitalizes the words "LORD" or "GOD" in an effort to alert the reader that "YHWH" is the Hebrew word behind the English. The KJV sometimes uses the poetic form of "Jah" to reference the mighty name of YHWH. This can be seen in Psalm 68:4. YHWH says emphatically in Exodus 3 that "this is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations." This name was not intended to be hidden by scribes and translators; rather YHWH Himself gave it to man as a sign of His existence and as a means of personal relationship.


Traditionally, this name is not used by observant Jewish people as many believe the name is too holy to be uttered. Judaism has replaced the sacred name with "Adonai" or "HaShem." Christianity as well has ignored the name of YHWH by substituting generic terms like "God" in English or "Dios" in Spanish. These words are not specific to the deity of the Bible and can easily reference Allah or Buddha. Using such replacement terms is in direct opposition to Isaiah 42:8 which states, ""I am YHWH, that is My name; I will not give My glory to another."


One can say the true name of YHWH in prayer, praise, study, and witnessing. By using the Sacred Name a believer can experience the power of spiritual intimacy. The Father's name is not God or Billy Bob, it is "YHWH."


Daniel Rendelman
ravemet@comcast.net

www.emetministries.com

No comments:

Post a Comment